BookaholicCat

The Bookaholic Cat

Reviews and More From an Avid reader.

Nightlife
Matthew Quinn Martin
Silverthorn
Raymond E. Feist
Desert Warrior (Silhouette Desire, #1529)
Nalini Singh
Promise of Blood
Brian McClellan
Spartan Frost - Jennifer Estep 3 ½ Stars

Originally posted at The Bookaholic Cat

Spartan Frost is a novella in the Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep. The events in Spartan Frost take place between books fourth (Crimson Frost) and fifth (Midnight Frost).

First let me tell you that you shouldn’t read this review if you haven’t read Crimson Frost.

Spartan Frost starts couple of weeks after the events in Crimson Frost. Logan has moved out of the school and is living with his father in their New York house. Days have passed but Logan is still dealing with the aftermath of what happened between him and Gwen; everyday he relives the events and it has been impossible for him to find peace. He’s still in contact with some of his friends from school, and even though he asks about Gwen all the time he has cut all contact with her. He’s afraid of hurting her again because despite the reassurances of Metis, Nickamedes and his father he’s not 100% sure there is nothing wrong with him.

If I’m honest was expecting to learn more about Logan; we see some of what he’s feeling but I would have loved to see more of his feelings towards Gwen. One thing I really liked was that the relationship between Logan and his father is improving, they both have realized they are alone and need to be there for each other, they are on the right path and I have faith they will overcome all their problems from the past.

In Spartan Frost Logan doesn’t come to terms with his actions but he’s on the mend. He finds an outlet for his emotions fighting next to his father and the Protectorate. After some inner turmoil he gets to the conclusion that what better way to hurt the Reapers than to fight back.

Spartan Frost is a quick and entertaining read. In my opinion it doesn’t bring anything new to the series, unless you want to know what Logan was doing after leaving Mythos Academy. I recommend you to read Spartan Frost if you are a fan of Logan, but make sure to read it in between Crimson Frost and Midnight Frost, not before and not after.
One thing is for sure the end of Spartan Frost will leave you dying to get your hands of Midnight Frost.